Designed for mobile professionals who require a rugged notebook with enhanced system and graphics performance in a managed-IT environment, the 14″ EliteBook 840 G4 Notebook from HP features comprehensive security and a collaborative experience that can handle demanding tasks with efficiency. It is powered by a 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5-7200U Dual-Core processor and 8GB of 2133 MHz DDR4 RAM, allowing you to run multiple programs simultaneously and quickly access frequently used files and programs. When running more demanding programs or tasks, the processor can be boosted to achieve a speed of 3.1 GHz.
The 14″ SVA anti-glare display features a TN LCD mode and an HD 16:9 resolution of 1366 x 768. Visuals are handled by the integrated Intel HD Graphics 620 chipset, and you can output video to an external display using the DisplayPort 1.2 and VGA outputs at resolutions up to 4096 x 2304 @ 60 Hz.
For storage of your files, this system comes with a 256GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD that uses a PCIe 3.0 x4 interface and Tri-Level Cell (TLC) NAND flash memory. There is also one 2.5″ / 7mm drive bay available for a SATA hard drive or SSD. If you want to add external storage, optical drives, mice, keyboards, printers, memory card readers, and more, the EliteBook 840 G4 offers one USB 3.0 Type-C port, two USB 3.0 Type-A ports, one of which doubles as a charging port, and a docking connector. Built-in Bang & Olufsen stereo speakers, dual microphones, and a 720p webcam let you participate in video calls for work or with friends and family. Connect to the Internet via 802.11ac Wi-Fi or Gigabit Ethernet LAN for a more stable and reliable connection. Furthermore, to free up USB ports and reduce wire clutter, you can connect additional peripherals and devices using Bluetooth 4.2, while a built-in 3-in-1 media card reader supports SD/SDHC/SDXC formats.
The EliteBook 840 G4 Notebook operates using an included Smart AC adapter that runs using 90-265 VAC at 47-63 Hz, a power cord, and a 3-cell / 51Wh lithium-ion polymer long life battery that will last for up to 15.25 hours before recharging is required. The installed operating system is Windows 10 Pro (64-bit).
- NFC (Near Field Communication)
- NFC is a set of communication protocols that enable two electronic devices, one of which is usually a portable device, such as a smartphone, to establish communication by bringing them within 1.6″ of each other. NFC devices are used in contactless payment systems, similar to those used in credit cards and electronic ticket smartcards, and allow mobile payment to replace/supplement these systems. NFC is used for social networking, for sharing contacts, photos, videos, or files. NFC-enabled devices can act as electronic identity documents and keycards. NFC offers a low-speed connection with simple setup that can be used to bootstrap more capable wireless connections.
- Up to 32GB RAM
- The current memory configuration is one 8GB module, with an additional 260-pin SO-DIMM slot available for upgrades. With both slots in use, this system supports 32GB of RAM, or 16GB per slot.
- 14″ Anti-Glare HD SVA TN Display
- The 14″ SVA anti-glare widescreen display of this HP notebook features LED backlighting, a TN LCD mode, a 16:9 aspect ratio, and an HD 1366 x 768 resolution. The anti-glare finish allows you to work in brightly lit environments, and there is also a typical contrast ratio of 300:1, a refresh rate of 60 Hz, a brightness of 220 cd/m2, 112 pixels per inch, a response time of 16 ms, and viewing angles of 45/45/25/35°.
- DisplayPort 1.2 & VGA Outputs
- Using the DisplayPort 1.2 and VGA outputs, users will be able to connect their system to an external display. The DisplayPort 1.2 output supports resolutions of up to 4096 x 2304 @ 60 Hz and the VGA output supports resolutions up to 1920 x 1200 @ 60 Hz.
- Up to Three Independent Displays
- Up to three independent displays are supported if used with the optional HP UltraSlim Docking Station.
- Stay Connected
- This HP notebook can connect to a home or public wireless network via 802.11ac (2×2) Wi-Fi. If you require a more reliable Internet connection, you can utilize the Gigabit Ethernet LAN jack. You can connect wirelessly to peripherals via Bluetooth 4.2 and there is also an available slot for a SIM card.
- USB 3.0 Type-C & USB 3.0 Type-A
- The EliteBook 840 G4 has one USB 3.0 Type-C port and two USB 3.0 Type-A ports that will allow you to connect peripherals such as hard drives, printers, and memory card readers. At 5 Gb/s, USB 3.0 transfers data up to 10 times faster than USB 2.0, which operates at 480 Mb/s. USB 3.0’s high-speed transfer rate helps to significantly reduce data transfer times, meaning you spend less time waiting and more time focusing on the task at hand. One of the USB 3.0 Type-A ports also doubles as a charging port and the USB 3.0 Type-C port delivers 15W of power.
- Multi-Format Secure Digital Card Reader
- The multi-format Secure Digital card reader supports SD, SDHC, and SDXC cards. microSD cards are also supported using an adapter.
- Passed MIL STD testing
- The EliteBook 840 G4 is MIL STD 810G certified.
- Keep your data secure with a Trusted Platform Module (TPM) chip, security lock slot, and Smart Card reader.
Windows 10 Professional
- Start Menu
- After its hiatus in Windows 8, the Start Menu has returned. Utilizing a combination of the traditional menu system and Windows 8’s Live Tiles, the improved Start Menu gives you more information at a glance, showing notification information alongside your applications and other pinned items.
- Microsoft’s digital personal assistant, Cortana, can answer your questions with information gleaned from both your device and the Internet at large. You can type or even talk with her, if your system has a microphone. Using her Notebook, Cortana keeps track of your needs and wants, and she learns over time to improve her information-gathering skills.
- Microsoft Edge
- After nearly 20 years, Microsoft has finally replaced its Internet Explorer web browser. With Microsoft Edge, users can write directly on web pages and share notes with friends and colleagues. It also improves the online reading experience by adding a distraction-free mode and read-it-later functionality. Edge also has built-in Cortana integration; you can have her help you find a restaurant, make a reservation, and pull up directions without leaving your browser.
- Windows Store
- For Windows 10, Microsoft has unified the Windows Store. Now, apps for PCs, tablets, and phones will all be accessible from one place. And with support for Universal Apps, one version of an app can work across all your compatible devices automatically.
- Windows Continuum
- Windows 10 was designed for a variety of screen sizes and input styles, and with its Continuum feature, it automatically adapts to fit your needs. A Windows 10 tablet on its own requires a touch-centric approach, but attaching a mouse and keyboard will shift everything to a more traditional interface. You can even attach an external monitor to your Windows 10 phone for a near-desktop experience. But it’s not just the operating system; Windows Universal Apps take advantage of Continuum as well.
- Xbox on Windows 10
- Gaming is a big focus of Windows 10. Xbox integration allows for PC players to match up against Xbox One players on supported games, and if you have an Xbox One, you can even stream compatible titles to your PC. Native support for recording with the new Game DVR feature makes it easy to capture and share your gameplay. The new DirectX12 takes better advantage of multi-core processors, giving games a performance boost, even on older hardware. Windows 10 also features native support for virtual reality headsets, such as the Oculus Rift.
- Windows 10 Pro
- The Pro version of Windows 10 includes all of the features of Windows 10 Home plus many designed specifically for businesses users, including Hyper-V virtualization, BitLocker disk encryption, and remote desktop access. Devices will also be able to join domains and the Azure Active Directory, and they can even access a specialized version of the Windows Store featuring custom, company-specific applications.