Get desktop-grade power and tackle demanding AAA game titles with the HP 15.6″ OMEN 15 Laptop from HP, which lets you immerse yourself in smooth gameplay on a narrow-bezel display with fast refresh rates. The system is powered by a 2.6 GHz Intel Core i7-9750H Six-Core processor which allows you to run multiple applications simultaneously. If you need more power, the system can be overclocked to 4.5 GHz using Intel Turbo Boost 2.0 technology. The 8GB of 2666 MHz DDR4 RAM, which comes in a 1x 8GB configuration, helps to ensure smooth multitasking and also allows the computer to quickly access frequently-used files and programs.
The 15.6″ display features a Full HD 1920 x 1080 screen resolution, a 144 Hz refresh rate, a micro-edge bezel, an anti-glare finish, WLED backlighting, a 16:9 aspect ratio, a brightness of 300 cd/m2, and coverage for 72% of the NTSC gamut. The dedicated NVIDIA GeForce RTX.2060 graphics card has 6GB of discrete GDDR6 video memory and delivers a sharp, clear picture. You’ll also be able to output video to an external display using the system’s HDMI, Mini DisplayPort, and Thunderbolt 3 ports, the latter of which supports DisplayPort 1.4.
For storage of your files, the OMEN 15 is equipped with a 512GB NVMe PCIe M.2 SSD. If you want to add external storage, optical drives, memory card readers, and more, there is the aforementioned Thunderbolt 3 port, as well as three 5 Gb/s USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-A ports, one of which doubles as a charging port. Gigabit Ethernet and Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax) are also built-in for wired and wireless networking, and Bluetooth 5.0 technology will also allow you to connect additional compatible peripherals.
So that content from memory cards may be accessed, a built-in SD card reader lets users download content from their digital camera. Other integrated features include a Wide Vision HD webcam, dual-array digital mics, and stereo speakers with Bang & Olufsen HD audio.
HP’s 15.6″ OMEN 15 Laptop includes a 200W AC adapter, a power cord, and an HP Long Life 4-cell / 70Wh lithium-ion battery that will last for up to 5 hours before recharging is required. The installed operating system is Windows 10 Pro (64-bit) and protection is provided by a limited 1-year hardware warranty.
- Desktop-Grade Performance
- Get the power of a desktop in your laptop. With a 2.6 GHz Intel Core i7-9750H Six-Core processor, a dedicated NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 graphics card with 6GB of GDDR6 video memory, and 512GB of combined PCIe SSD
- Designed for Power
- The OMEN 15’s sleek, modern design is engineered to produce desktop-grade power. With an advanced thermal cooling solution and single-panel access to the internals for easy upgrades, nothing stops you from playing at your best.
- Fast, Fluid Gameplay
- Crisp gameplay is crucial if you want to play at your best. With a 1920 x 1080 resolution and fast 144 Hz refresh rate, visuals are swift and smooth, while a narrow bezel display delivers edge-to-edge immersion.
- HP Wide Vision HD Camera
- The 88°, wide-angle field of view lets you video chat with the entire family or group of friends in crystal clear detail.
- Start Menu
- After its hiatus in Windows 8, the Start Menu has returned. Utilizing a combination of the traditional menu system and Windows 8’s Live Tiles, the improved Start Menu gives you more information at a glance, showing notification information alongside your applications and other pinned items.
- Microsoft’s digital personal assistant, Cortana, can answer your questions with information gleaned from both your device and the Internet at large. You can type or even talk with her, if your system has a microphone. Using her Laptop, Cortana keeps track of your needs and wants, and she learns over time to improve her information-gathering skills.
- Microsoft Edge
- After nearly 20 years, Microsoft has finally replaced its Internet Explorer web browser. With Microsoft Edge, users can write directly on web pages and share notes with friends and colleagues. It also improves the online reading experience by adding a distraction-free mode and read-it-later functionality. Edge also has built-in Cortana integration; you can have her help you find a restaurant, make a reservation, and pull up directions without leaving your browser.
- Windows Store
- For Windows 10, Microsoft has unified the Windows Store. Now, apps for PCs, tablets, and phones will all be accessible from one place. And with support for Universal Apps, one version of an app can work across all your compatible devices automatically.
- Windows Continuum
- Windows 10 was designed for a variety of screen sizes and input styles, and with its Continuum feature, it automatically adapts to fit your needs. A Windows 10 tablet on its own requires a touch-centric approach, but attaching a mouse and keyboard will shift everything to a more traditional interface. You can even attach an external monitor to your Windows 10 phone for a near-desktop experience. But it’s not just the operating system; Windows Universal Apps take advantage of Continuum as well.
- Xbox on Windows 10
- Gaming is a big focus of Windows 10. Xbox integration allows for PC players to match up against Xbox One players on supported games, and if you have an Xbox One, you can even stream compatible titles to your PC. Native support for recording with the new Game DVR feature makes it easy to capture and share your gameplay. The new DirectX12 takes better advantage of multi-core processors, giving games a performance boost, even on older hardware. Windows 10 also features native support for virtual reality headsets, such as the Oculus Rift.