Thin at 0.35″ and weighing 4.4 pounds, the 15.6″ ZBook Studio G5 Mobile Workstation from HP blends design and performance, letting you speed through your work and bring your ideas to life. It is powered by a 2.6 GHz Intel Core i7-9750H Six-Core processor which allows you to run multiple applications simultaneously. If you need more power, the system can be overclocked to 4.5 GHz using Intel Turbo Boost 2.0 technology. The 16GB of 2666 MHz DDR4 RAM, which can be upgraded to 64GB, helps to ensure smooth multitasking and also allows the computer to quickly access frequently-used files and programs.
The 15.6″ UWVA IPS anti-glare display features a Full HD 1920 x 1080 screen resolution that is equipped with an anti-glare finish, a 16:9 aspect ratio, and a brightness of 650 nits. The dedicated NVIDIA Quadro T1000 graphics card has 4GB of discrete GDDR5 RAM and delivers a sharp, clear picture. You’ll also be able to output video to an external display at resolutions up to 5120 x 2880 using the system’s HDMI 2.0 and dual Thunderbolt 3 ports, the latter of which supports DisplayPort 1.3.
For storage of your files, this ZBook Studio G5 is equipped with a 512GB NVMe PCIe M.2 2280 SSD with TLC flash memory, which offers quick access to your data. If you want to add external storage, optical drives, memory card readers, and more, there are two 40 Gb/s Thunderbolt 3 ports that also support 10 Gb/s USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-C, plus two 5 Gb/s USB 3.0 Type-A ports, one of which doubles as a charging port. Wi-Fi 5 (802.11ac) is built-in for wireless networking, and Bluetooth 5.0 technology will allow you to connect additional compatible wireless peripherals. So that content from memory cards may be accessed, a built-in SD/SDHC/SDXC card reader supports UHS-II flash media and lets users download content from their digital camera. Other integrated features include a 720p IR webcam for facial recognition with Windows Hello, dual-array microphones, stereo speakers with Bang & Olufsen HD audio, and a fingerprint reader.
The ZBook Studio G5 includes a 150W Slim Smart AC adapter that operates using 100-240 VAC at 47-63 Hz and a power cord. Its Long Life 6-cell / 96Wh lithium-ion polymer battery can typically be recharged in 3-5 hours and lasts for up to 16.5 hours. Thanks to HP Fast Charge, the battery can be charged up to 50% in 45 minutes. The installed operating system is Windows 10 Professional (64-bit) and also included is recovery media and an HP Elite Services card. Protection is provided by a limited 3-year parts & labor warranty.
ZBook Studio G5
DisplayPort 1.3 Protocol Features Supported via Thunderbolt 3
- Legacy displays (HDMI, DVI, and VGA) may be attached to the Thunderbolt port with the use of a certified dongle.
- DisplayPort monitors capable of supporting DisplayPort 1.3 may be directly attached to the Thunderbolt port to achieve HBR2 with the use a dongle.
- Thunderbolt 3-enabled monitors may be directly attached to the Thunderbolt port to achieve HBR2 and MST.
- DisplayPort 1.3 MST (“daisy-chain” feature) is supported through the Thunderbolt 3 port on Thunderbolt 3-enabled devices or DisplayPort 1.3 monitors (requires monitor with DisplayPort 1.3 MST capability) with the use of a dongle.
- Up to two streams (eight lanes) of DisplayPort 1.3 are supported over a single Thunderbolt 3 port. Up to two 4K displays with 24/30-bit color depth at 60 Hz or one 5K display are supported over a single Thunderbolt 3 port. An Intel-certified Thunderbolt cable is required.
- DisplayPort 1.3 w/MST (Multi-stream Transport) supports resolutions up to Full 4K with 24/30-bit color depth at 60 Hz, and WUXGA (1920 x1200) monitors with a 24/30-bit color depth at 120 Hz.
Multi-Display Support with the HP Thunderbolt Dock G2
Multi-Display Support without the HP Thunderbolt Dock G2
The HP ZBook Studio with hybrid graphics and without the use of the separately sold ZBook dock supports up to a maximum of three independent displays. These three displays are the internal panel plus two external displays connected to two of the three following ports: HDMI, Thunderbolt 3, and Thunderbolt 3.
The HP ZBook Studio configuration with Intel integrated graphics and without the use of the ZBook dock supports up to a maximum of three independent displays. These three displays are the internal panel plus two external displays connected to two of the three following ports: HDMI, Thunderbolt 3, and Thunderbolt 3
Multi-Display Support Without the ZBook Dock with Thunderbolt 3 (using DP 1.2 MST)
Up to 64GB RAM
Additional Internal Storage
Wi-Fi 5 (802.11ac)
HP 720p IR HD Privacy Webcam
- Face authentication with Windows Hello
- Privacy Camera features a sliding camera shutter
- HD format (widescreen)
- Supports videoconferencing and still image capture
- High-quality fixed-focus lens
- Video capture at various resolutions up to 1280 x 720 resolution (720p) and up to 30 fps
- M-JPEG compression supports higher frame rates for video capture and videoconferencing
- Improved low-light sensitivity
- Improved dynamic range